The grocery business is extremely competitive. Smart Retail provides efficiency in management and quality of service to differentiate from the competition and improve margins. Smart Retail products work together to supplement various areas of management and service.
Grocery stores provide tremendous value to their customers on a daily basis. Smart Retail can add to this value in the following ways:
- Knowing the Customer
In order to improve, you need a way to measure progress. Occupancy count is where this begins. At the most basic level each customer starts out as a number. Building off this number, preferences and habits are studied with traffic maps, dwell times, ad/promotion metrics and conversion rates.
Using our customer metrics product, anonymous, non-identifiable information such as age and gender profiles are assembled. With all this data, our solution begins to see each customer as much more than an occupancy count or simple sale. Each customer has qualitative characteristics, needs, preferences and desires which our solution allows you to translate, quantify and measure.
- Managing Product
Recent growth trends in this retail environment have centered around product demands for private-label merchandise, fresh/local/organic merchandise and ethnic merchandise. Our solution can provide real-time data to see if these trends are true in your stores. With this data, management can make more acute product related decisions and capitalize on relevant, real-time information.
– Know how customers are getting to the products they need and which products they may have passed/observed along the way with traffic analysis and product interaction measures.
– Know how much product to prepare along the power perimeter (especially: bakery, deli, florist) based on store occupancy levels and advanced predictive algorithms.
– Send data gathered on specific merchandise to manufactures and build strong supply chain relationships. Data can include promotion and store display effectiveness measures based on Smart Retail’s ad metric product.
– Loss prevention and tracing of product.
- Managing Service Operations
Service time has always been important for grocery stores but now matters more than ever. Competing retail formats such as full-line discount stores are beginning to add convenient packaged food and grocery isles. Grocery stores will always have deeper assortments but must minimize associations with longer service times and checkout lines.
Our solution can help managers efficiently distribute service employees for the best possible customer service experience.
– Keep track of how customers are lining up and being serviced.
– Automated alerts call out to management when check out lines become too long or individual customer service times exceed designated levels.
– Adequate service staff levels can be predicted based on current and historical occupancy rates before customers get in line.
– Automated monitoring of service staff for non-scans and sweet-hearting.
Smart Retail has the resources and know-how to provide automated, video-based business intelligence for the ever evolving retail market place.
To learn more – simply select a category from the list to expand the full benefits offered.